Dear 2017 ISES Annual Meeting Attendee,
The 2017 meeting is entitled Integrating Exposure Science Across Diverse Communities
. We would like to actively incorporate this theme throughout an integrated program. We will strive to incorporate the meeting theme and emphasize the interdisciplinary and multi-scale nature of exposure science, as well as the different communities involved.
The Research Triangle Park is one of the world’s first, and largest, research parks, and is strengthened and diversified by building on the close collaboration of three local, internationally renowned universities, and the concentration of and close connections among industry, academia, and government, as well as local community partnerships. Building on this “Triangle” theme, the three co-chairs (themselves representing a partnership among industry, academia and government as well as disciplines of technology, epidemiology, and exposure risk assessment) would like to encourage creative symposia, talks and posters incorporating three distinct yet interconnected elements related to exposure science, for instance:
• Exposure, hazard, and risk assessment
• Exposure assessment methods, models, and data
• Personal monitoring, remote sensing, and questionnaires
• Individuals, communities, and ecosystems
• External exposures, biomonitoring, and biological response
• Exposures throughout the life course – children, adults, and the elderly
• Measuring the Exposome in an imperfect world: strategies, sampling, statistics
• Exposure assessment, epidemiology, communication
We look forward to hosting this exciting international meeting here in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA.