The 2020 ISES Annual Meeting will be held at the Oakland Convention Center in Oakland, California, from Sunday, September 20, 2020 to Thursday September 24, 2020. We are excited to hold the 2020 ISES Annual Meeting in the culturally vibrant San Francisco Bay Area, where research, technology, and government all play prominent roles in furthering exposure science.
Call for Volunteers – ISES 2020 Technical Organizing Committee (TOC)
The ISES 2020 Technical Organizing Committee is seeking volunteers to help organize, plan and promote the 2020 Annual Meeting to be hosted in Oakland, CA. Volunteers with a variety of expertise and experiences are needed! It’s a great way to get involved with ISES.
As a participant in the TOC, we would ask you to serve on one or more of the sub-committees described below. TOC members also are vital in promoting the meeting and encouraging colleagues to submit ideas for scientific symposia and presentation and poster abstracts. The level of effort varies individually, but is not expected to be more than a few hours per week during the months immediately preceding the conference. If you would be interested in participating, please let the co-chairs know.
You can find a running list of the planned sub-committees below. If there are any sub-committees that you would like to be involved with, or if there are other areas where you would like to volunteer, please let us know in your reply. We would also appreciate nominations of other exposure science professionals who would be willing to serve.
- Abstract Submissions – beta testing of the web-based abstract submission system, organize abstract reviews/ratings with TOC, work with the TOC chairs to develop the scientific sessions
- Diversity /Travel Awards – work to ensure diversity in meeting attendees and decide and manage travel award allocations
- Local Chapters and Committees Fair – organize an event to advertise and promote ISES Committees and develop local chapters (where applicable)
- Plenary Speaker Recruitment – identify and contact potential plenary speakers
- Pre-Conference Courses – organize pre-conference courses, recruit potential instructors, determine room arrangements, seating, and audio-visual requirements, etc.
- Prizes – solicit donations for door prizes and giveaways from sponsors and local merchants, etc.
- Technology/Sensor Fair – identify and contact potential academic and industrial organizations for the technology/sensor fair
- Women’s Networking Event – organize the ISES Women’s Networking Event
- Social Events – organize local activities and tours for conference attendees
- Sustainability/Green – identify ways to promote sustainability throughout the meeting (meals/snacks, containers, conference giveaways, etc.)
- Student and New Researcher (SNR) – organize SNR events
We are also looking for suggestions for inspiring plenary speakers for the annual meeting. The speakers can be scientists, or other individuals, who have made a significant contribution in the areas of environmental exposure, environmental health, public health, and occupational health. Suggestions of speakers for a variety of themes such as exposure assessment, environmental health, climate change, environmental justice, housing and indoor environment, environmental toxicology, risk assessment, environmental policy and intervention, and big data applications in environmental health research, etc., would be appreciated. Please send your suggestions with your reply.
Thank you for considering the 2020 ISES Annual Meeting TOC. We look forward to your reply!