May 24, 2018
DATA COLLECTION AND USE NOTICE
Please read this Policy to learn more about the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you in accordance with the process described in the Changes to This Policy section below. By signing up for our services and by using our Website, you consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and all other types of processing of your Personal Data, as described in this Policy.
Personal data collected by us can include:
- contact information, such as first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, and residence address;
- events attendance data;
- online store purchases;
- sponsorship commitments;
- proposal system submissions; and
- any other type of information we may ask you for or that you may choose to provide us with.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We collect personal data under various circumstances. These can include when an individual:
- Becomes a member of the Society;
- Registers for a conference or similar in-person event;
- Registers for a webinar or other online offering;
- Downloads information from the website;
- Participates as a speaker, author, or similar capacity;
- Purchases a product;
- Subscribes to a publication.
- Interact with our Website in any way; or
- Requests we enter your information, on your behalf, e.g., for the purpose of sending email newsletters or hand entering your membership.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
Personal data of individuals may be used for several purposes. Among them are:
- Membership administration;
- Provision of member benefits;
- Delivery of products and services;
- Management of subscriptions;
- Communication of our events, products, services, offerings, benefits and opportunities;
- Direct marketing;
- Member and customer data analysis;
- Development of directories; and
- Product and services customization and development.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
There are several legal bases for our collection and processing of personal data:
- For the legitimate interests of the society, including the several uses listed above;
- To perform a contract;
- Based on consent; and
- Legal compliance.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHICH PERSONAL DATA MAY BE SHARED
We may share your Personal Data with other entities. Such third parties may include those providing:
- association management software;
- web development services;
- hosting services;
- cloud storage services;
- IT support services;
- analytics services;
- customer support services;
- payment services; and
- any other type of external services we might need for us to be able to operate our Website and to provide you with our services.
We also may share personal data in the event of a merger or asset sale/purchase transaction, and as required by law.
SITE OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data of individuals collected by us may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which we, our vendors, or partners maintain facilities. We generally collect and process personal data in the US. In the event personal data is collected in the EU and is then transferred to the US, or is transferred to any other country outside of the EU, we will do so because there is a legal reason, such as in order to perform a contract, or to achieve a legitimate interest of the society.
PERSONAL DATA AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
Personal data may be retained by us for so long as necessary or useful to pursue the legitimate interests of the Society. Other factors may include: the duration of the business or contractual relationship between us and an individual; archiving of historical information; and legal requirements, including limitations periods during which a legal claim might be brought.
The Society has put in place reasonable technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect the personal data we collect.
INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
Individuals generally have the right to access their own personal data and to request that we correct any errors or incompleteness in their own personal data. The contact information provided below should be used for these purposes. There is also a limited right to request deletion of personal data. Such requests also should be directed to the designated contact.
Inquiries regarding this privacy notice or other privacy concerns should be directed to:
International Society of Exposure Science